So, without knowing what Michael has seen (and is looking at?), next
thing I would try is a different Squeeze Network login, can you create a
test one to try?

It likely won't help. The blocking is based on the IP address. It might help to re-start after you had been offline for an hour or more.

Do you know whether there was anything special about your username? And could you please enable debugging for network.squeezenetwork, make it stick (a checkbox at the top of Settings/Advanced/Logging)? This might give us more information about what's going on. And it will flood your disk with an even longer log file :-). Make sure you turn it off again once you grabbed it.

I was wondering about 3rd party extensions (or even stock...), as the entry point is different from what I've thought in the past: something seems to trigger player lookups on mysb.com in a fast pace. Those lookups in turn trigger the failing login attempts.

I can't help but think this is related to the players you are using and
their registration on Squeeze Network - maybe the Chromecast ones - do
each of those get registered?

Good point!

--

Michael