You may find it interesting to have a look at http://www.mvc2frameworks.org,
a research site which has a BOF presentation we made at J1 on frameworks and
a spreadsheet which details what/where frameworks focus. It explains how
architectural frameworks (i.e. Expresso) are a superset of presentation
framework features, (i.e. Struts) and details the features of each; as well
as compares frameworks (as of June this year).  Also have a look at
http://www.waferproject.org/ which also compares frameworks.

--
Sandra Cann
http://www.jcorporate.com

"Our separation from each other is an optical illusion of consciousness."
(Albert Einstein)