Thanks for your (thoughtful) answer.

IMO it is not very efficient to (en)code 3D audio in maybe 32 audio tracks (including some metadata, tracks maybe in 96Hz), or to transmit/store even more "audio objects".

Therefore, they should consider or include Ambisonics (up to 3rd or 4th order) into the standard.

Question: Could the F-M HOA system be extended to include (just) 4th order? (We might talk about cinema applications here. Although 3rd order would probably be "good enough", to include 4th order would be even better.)

Thanks,

Stefan