This is a diversion. Maybe it is part of being interested in surround sound to believe it is really important.

Of course music exists that is not in front. But the vast bulk of concert music is not like that. People like to look at what is happening. They always have, and I doubt that this will change soon.

We all know this.  I suppose if organs in churches are the
main thing you listen to... but that is a miniscule
part of the acoustic music market.
Probably someone will  mention Gabrieli eventually and Berlioz
Let us read those as given and admit that music is mostly in front.
Because of course it mostly is.

Robert