Hi Len,

The test has up until now been entirely focused on the B-Formats.

We are now talking about equivalent input noise, to determine whether your
assertion regarding preamp gain affecting the performance of Tetra and Octomics
was correct.

I am assuming this is one of the ‘errors’ you refuse to clearly outline.

We ran a second recording test at a higher gain level, which would appear to
improve the noise performance, although the microphone’s self noise still
dominates, as expected.

It turns out the Zoom F8s preamps do get noisier below 40dB, by a very small
amount as shown here: