From: Sursound <sursound-boun...@music.vt.edu> On Behalf Of Jack Reynolds
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2023 1:36 AM
To: Surround Sound discussion group <sursound@music.vt.edu>
Subject: Re: [Sursound] A comparison of fifteen ambisonic microphones

I’m not the sole author, but yes some of the recordings are made of microphones
I have built, hence the name on the front of the mic and the naming of the
audio files and my email address. I’m certainly not in any way trying to
obscure that fact.

It’s also important to point out that we have been absolutely impartial in our
treatment of each microphone and Len is the only person who has pointed towards
there being any problem with the test method or the results.

We have taken his perceived errors into account by repeating the measurement at
a higher gain, as Len suggested that was making his mics appear noisier than
others due to low sensitivity.

I am happy to rectify any problems anyone points out.

I have just as much to lose as anyone else.

If people listen to the recordings and hate the Reynolds mics, no problem.

The four of us did not undertake the comparison for any reason other than there
not being this sort of resource available and hopefully people will find it
useful and informative.

Jack Reynolds

Sent from my iPhone