Steven Boardman wrote:

One doesn't need too, they are exposed.
Pretty sure they are Transound

https://www.jlielectronics.com/transound/tsb-120ao

I'm sure Len will correct me if wrong.

"Pretty sure" is not the same as "I'm certain because the manufacturer told me."

We don't discuss our capsules.

If you go looking for capsules that look like what we use in TetraMic and OctoMic, you'll find products from at least 5 manufacturers, including Audix (used in their Micro series) and the ones from Transound that Jack and Steve were so certain about that they
stated in their comparison that we used them in our products.

Even then, they quoted the Transound noise specification wrong.
---
It's worth mentioning that because both TetraMic and OctoMic are low sensitivity microphones, we recommend that our customers use the very quietest mic pre-amps. The difference in noise contributions between a Zoom F8 and a Millennial Media mic pre (for example) is like night and day. We know - we have them both here and have measured
them.

Len Moskowitz (mosko...@core-sound.com)
Core Sound LLC
www.core-sound.com