Here is something else that really ticks me off:  coal liquefaction,
making gasoline out of coal using the most environmentally
destructive means, is getting far more attention than this.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "womplex_oo1" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> To add to that, we have guys from the University of Pennsylvania
> publishing scientific articles telling the public that using corn
> make ethanol is a ZERO net producer of energy.  Most people just
give
> up when they hear that.  But if you armed the public with the
> knowledge that they are throwing away 90 percent of the potential
> fuel, those researchers would get a professional slap upside the
> head, and probably issue a formal retraction of their paper.
>
> You gotta tell people man.  More than that, you gotta make the
> technology available so that entrepreneurs can use it.
>

> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "womplex_oo1" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What questions?  Perhaps I was away from my computer.  Anyways
> there
> > is alot of information on that website about using cellulose as a
> > feedstock, but the webpage has failed to justify it -- they
> > completely failed to answer the question WHY???
> >
> > Here is why:  Most plants are composed of less than 10% starch,
the
> > traditional component that is fermented into ethanol.  The
> remaining
> > 90% or more of the plant, by weight is composed of the following:

> > These materials can be burned to generate heat, so to ignore them
> as
> > a potential source of automotive fuel is a HUGE WASTE.  The
Journey
> > to Forever website doesn't pay enough attention to putting this
> > capability into the hands of the general public.  Their webpages
> > concentrate on using only the starch.  No wonder ethanol as an
> > alternative fuel is not convincing enough people -- Not even the
> guys
> > who build their own stills are going as far as they could.

Looking for a more powerful website? Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month.
Register your domain name (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aHOo4D/KJoEAA/MVfIAA/FGYolB/TM