On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 09:52:20PM +0200, Ronan Lamy wrote:
> I've stayed silent until then, but this discussion is getting annoying.

Sorry :(

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 12:17:42PM -0600, Ondřej Čertík wrote:
> Now when my opinion is clear, can you clearly write your opinion as well? :)

I thought, it was clear from beginning.  I prefer to unbundle mpmath.
Reasons: nothing special.  If it's a stable external project - why we
should fork it?

> > Through, you don't provide any examples of difficulties with mpmath's
> > installation.
>
> Just the fact that you have to install it.

What's the difference?  As already Ronan said, why "pip install sympy"
can't handle both cases?

Only for people, using git clone - things won't work out of the box.

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 09:52:20PM +0200, Ronan Lamy wrote:
> Making it an option is not a solution.

It's a minimal variant.  Just in the case we want
to stay with bundled copy.