I also disagree. The discussion on this list about how to map groups of
lakes that share one overall name resulted in my use of type=group to
describe them. If I'm restricted to using the group relation for nodes
only, I'm back to square one.  I might just as well use a multipolygon
relation for them as I have in the past.

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 10:21 AM Eugene Alvin Villar <sea...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 10:00 PM Joseph Eisenberg <
> joseph.eisenb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I added some comments to the talk page of your "type=group" relation
>> proposal.
>>
>> I would recommend simplifying the proposal to just be for groups of
>> nodes, because there are already relations for multipolygons (areas)
>>

> I disagree. I think a group of areas is semantically different from a
> multipolygon. If I will relate this to GeoJSON concepts, the first is like
> a GeoJSON FeatureCollection where individual Features are
> Polygons/MultiPolygons, while the second is just a GeoJSON MultiPolygon.

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand