On Jan 28, 2018, at 1:27 PM, Matthew Darwin <matt...@mdarwin.ca> wrote:
> Steve A,
> I suspect nobody fully knows the current status of licences... So I would
> agree with the action that you wrote:
> every city except for Ottawa rightfully should be removed to end the
> confusion, updating both wikis.

OK, now done.

In Contributors, following the existing example of Toronto, I have used
strikeout type.  To be clear, I ONLY did this for eight of the ten "Canadian
Municipalities" listed there, leaving Ottawa in plain type indicating "Contains
information licensed under the Open Government Licence – City of Ottawa." and
its embedded link.  (I left Yellowknife yellow, it is 100% done, that may or
may not be the correct color, it might be red).  I did NOT change Canadian
Provinces (of which British Columbia is the only one listed) nor Natural
Resources Canada.  Whew.

PLEASE, I ask others to double- or triple- or multiple-check me here!  Do these
(local licenses in Canada) reflect the current state of reality?  We (here in
talk-ca) believe they do, we (OSM) welcome any updates directly to the
Contributors wiki.  Thank you.

In the BC2020 OD wiki, they are all red except for Ottawa, which remains green
and Yellowknife which remains yellow as it is 100% done, though it may be
conflation for me to be thinking that way and perhaps it goes red, meaning,
license not approved.  Hm, Yellowknife to red but left as done, both true
apparently.  Uh....

This does lead to (at least me asking) "hm, how did 80% done get into Edmonton
and Yellowknife 100%, I'll leave that alone for now.  (I'm guessing "via Bing
or other visual layer, and JOSM and maybe a plug-in and a toolchain and so
on...).  Two separate issues:  local licenses and "how much is done anyway."
I'm putting pieces together, disassembling stovepipes, as it were.  A wider
(than Canada) OSM community does better understand some status via our wiki.

It is likely that we simply need a total run-through of what is everybody's
understanding up and down our wiki, toolchains, processes, lines of
communication, etc.  A sort of thing that is done on a talk page and via wikis.
 It appears to be a national conversation.

Steady ahead.

SteveA