That idea seems good to me: reasonably simple - not a new database for each
usecase, but giving place to all that potentially useful data that is seen
as unworthy for the main database.
Some categories (category=sport/birds/metadata/...) would likely have to be
created to allow filtering only some features in JOSM, otherwise it would
be unusable.
Lukáš Matějka (LM_1)