> What I don't understand is the problems people seem to have with wikidata.
> If an existing wikidata entry doesn't align with what we mapped, then
> create a new wikidata entry that does and link it to the existing entries.

it's actually not that easy. I tried to do this and gave up (in the
infamous ALDI case). Andy Mabbett had created 1 new "sub-entity" for each
of the 2 enterprises which together are described in the wikipedia article,
but you cannot add the wikipedia article to the new wikidata object without
removing it from the other wikidata object (for both). As the wikidata
object that covers both enterprises is the best fit for the WP article, I
decided to keep the Wikipedia article linked to this, but then it didn't
make sense to use the more precise wikidata object as reference in OSM as
it hadn't any wikipedia article linked to it.

Cheers,
Martin