Hi, all,

Here, thanks to the generosity of some folks on the OWG and OSMF who
donated their time to us so that we could have access to an open source
tool of this quality, is a LimeSurvey version.

https://osmf.limequery.org/751285?lang=en

Please do fill it out and share it widely within the mailing lists. Please
do not share it in other channels (Twitter, Mastodon,
community.openstreetmap.org, etc.) as I will be posting unique versions in
those channels.

Once again, it is OBVIOUSLY our first choice to offer an open source
survey; we didn't because we initially couldn't. Now, we are able to, and
I'm glad of it.  I share the concerns that many of you expressed and fully
understand and value the complexity and importance of the commitment to
open source software and data.  I also have a good understanding of the
nuances and complexity of this conversation. Indeed, I celebrate them.

I object only to the tone of some of the comments, and to assumptions that
are made about our motivation, decision process re: our approach, and
quality of our skills. I'm not alone in objecting to problems of tone more
broadly, and so I feel comfortable insisting on a higher quality discourse
here on behalf of myself and the many others who share this concern. I
think that good forum etiquette requires that people assume the best and
ask clarifying questions. As well, there are several very commonly used
phrases and rhetorical devices that can be deployed to make 'advice' feel
like advice instead of condemnation or scorn.

--

--Courtney Cook Williamson
survivalbybook.substack.com