Hello mse!

>>> when sending a mail to a friend who is using TheBat, too - he sees the
>>> attached error message.
>> The friend I was talking about upgraded from 4.1.11 to 4.2.16 Final
>> right now. Before, signed mails from him were fine in Squirrelmail and
>> everywhere else, now signed mails from him are broken as my mails.

>> Inside TheBat the mails look fine. Interesting is, that my mails, which
>> were shown as invalid with a red cross in my friends 4.1.11 TheBat are
>> now shown as valid in the 4.2.16 Final version.

> I have Version 4.2.18 running on my machine. I installed the required
> certificates from the website and now your mail appears as properly signed
> and valid.
> I'm afraid, I can't help you; here everything looks fine.

Yes, everything looks fine INSIDE TheBat and when sending mails from one
TheBat to another TheBat.

The fun starts when you try to verify the signatures with another mailer
than TheBat, e.g. Squirrelmail, Thunderbird or something else.

There the signature is broken and invalid.

This was not the case with older TheBat versions so something was changed
and screwed up the signature thing.

--

Regards,
Martin

The Bat! v4.2.18 Christmas Edition powered by Windows Server 2008 6.0 Build
6001 Service Pack 1

ConCarne cooks best since 1998
http://www.concarne.org