Hi Maurice!

>> The fun starts when you try to verify the signatures with another mailer
>> than TheBat, e.g. Squirrelmail, Thunderbird or something else.
> It's just a guess, but your S/MIME certificate says that it's 2048 bits.
> I've had some bad experiences when I got my first 2048 bits certificate
> and quickly stepped back to 1024 because too many clients can't handle
> them and Outlook Express users even reported not being able to reply to
> me anymore.

Well, could be that some clients don't handle 2048 bit certificates.

But when I tested the scenario with a friend of mine he sent me a testmail
with TheBat 4.1.11 and his fancy brand new StartSSL 2048 bit certificate.
The certificate was valid in my TheBat 4.2.16, Squirrelmail, a linux mail
client and also in Thunderbird. After he upgraded his TheBat installation
to 4.2.16 as well, mails signed with the same certificate (nothing was
changed in the configuration, just upgraded to the then most recent
version) were only valid in TheBat, not in any other mail client software.

--

Regards,
Martin

The Bat! v4.2.18 Christmas Edition powered by Windows Server 2008 6.0 Build
6001 Service Pack 1

ConCarne cooks best since 1998
http://www.concarne.org