On Tuesday, September 19, 2000, 2:54:42 PM, jbelk wrote:

> I want ALL mail that does NOT have my address in the To: or CC:
> fields to  be filed in trash.

Destination folder (Move messages to): Trash

String                   Location    Presence
[EMAIL PROTECTED]        Recipient   No

If you don't want to send them to the Trash folder, you may select
"Delete the message" in the "Actions" pane.

If you don't want to download them at all, create a "Selective
Download" filter instead of an "Incoming Mail" filter.

> I want email with TBUDL in the Subject line to go to the TBUDL
> folder.

Destination folder (Move messages to): TBUDL

String      Location    Presence
TBUDL       Sender      Yes

You might need to examine the headers of messages from other mailing
lists to decide which is the best testing location.

> Is there some kind of secret to this?

TB's filtering function is quite advanced and can be complex
sometimes, but what you want so far is quite simple.

The FAQ (http://www.marckp.redhotant.com/thebat/faq.html) has a "How
do I" section which provides an in-depth guide to filtering (and
many other topics) in TB.

Ming-Li

The Bat! 1.47 Beta/3 | Win2k SP1