Hi All,

On  Mon,  3 Sep 2001 at 22:26:29 GMT +0100 (9/4/2001 4:26 AM GMT +0700
where  you think I live) "Marck D Pearlstone"=[MDP]typed the following
:

NA>>> For most it's annoying, and for Lists other than the more
NA>>> tolerable TBUDL and TBBETA... it's intolerable.

PM>> I don't quite understand what is annoying about this feature. I
PM>> for myself like it as I can easily see who the writer is referring
PM>> to. Why should it be intolerable?

You may put it on body text (greetings).
Threading mode makes us seeing this more easy.

> What  is  "intolerable"  is  the inappropriate association of a real
> name  with  an address that is patently not that of the person being
> referred  to.  That  is  why  I  use the "... on XYZList" format, my
> compromise to those that find it unacceptable.

Sorry I beg to differ, I found it's still disturb other member who use
other mailer that have "List Management" feature such Pine, Mutt :-(

On  other  Mailing List, I found Pine or Mutt users replied my posting
with "His Own Name on List Name <List_address>" or IOW his mailer keep
"our fancy" Real Name part intact, this is ridiculous and makes really
annoying other members :-(

> You see, I actually find it very annoying to see individuals being
> referred to as "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".

Why annoying ?
>From   my   POV,   the  the  positive  think  about  "Real  Name  part
<List_Address>" only :
1. We know someone replied our thread or replied our post.
2. We can make "greetings" more fancy.

IMHO, point number 1 above is the job of Thread Watcher (on the wish
list). Point number 2 is subjective, on Discussion List members tend
to see what's the content more than greetings.

- Syafril -               mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Flying with The Bat! 1.53o
under Windows NT 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 2