Hi Syafril,

On 04 September 2001 at  09:18:05 +0700 (which was 03:18 where I live)
Syafril Hermansyah wrote to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and made these
points:

SH> You may put it on body text (greetings).
SH> Threading mode makes us seeing this more easy.

Yes, but you're back to having to read the message to find out who's
being spoken to rather than seeing it from the address.

SH> On  other  Mailing List, I found Pine or Mutt users replied my posting
SH> with "His Own Name on List Name <List_address>" or IOW his mailer keep
SH> "our fancy" Real Name part intact, this is ridiculous and makes really
SH> annoying other members :-(

But if I understand you correctly then it's ridiculous anyway. Their
mailer will reply with <list_address> instead.

IMHO Such lists require a different reply tactic of - To:
<list_address>, CC: "Real_name <home_address> to make message
addressing and attribution clear. IMHO it's a matter of finding a
sensible middle ground and using TB's AB reply template power to make
the right call for you on a per-list basis.

Horses for courses, no single rule. I still believe that "... on
XYZList" <List_address> is the more friendly form for the average
list. It works well here *and* on Yahoogroups. That's most of the
lists I converse on.

>> You see, I actually find it very annoying to see individuals being
>> referred to as "[EMAIL PROTECTED]".

SH> Why annoying ?

Because you can't see who a message is addressed to without reading
it. Okay, maybe "irritating" rather than annoying.

SH> From   my   POV,   the  the  positive  think  about  "Real  Name  part
SH> <List_Address>" only :
SH> 1. We know someone replied our thread or replied our post.
SH> 2. We can make "greetings" more fancy.

SH> IMHO, point number 1 above is the job of Thread Watcher (on the wish
SH> list).

I have that working already, although there's no way to differentiate
a reply to our thread from an actual reply to me personally.

SH> Point number 2 is subjective, on Discussion List members tend
SH> to see what's the content more than greetings.

Agreed.

- --
Cheers -- .\\arck D. Pearlstone -- List moderator and fellow end user
\ BrainStorm - free thinking - www: http://www.brainstormsw.com /
 \ PGP Key ID: 0x929DCDA0  |  www: http://www.silverstones.com /

TB! v1.54 Beta/7-14F4B4B2 on Windows NT 5.0.2195 Service Pack 2