Editing in HTML and sending Emails in HTML is expected in this century. Yes
Text messages have their place too,
however, do not stamp your feet and send a plain message to friend or
potential client. Many people like html mail
This why  the smartest setting on Email is both html and text outbound and
if you never want to see HTML just set your
receive mode to accept only the text part of an html email or bounce the
message, however, do not deprive other users from HTML mail which still has
its place. A client of mine is just the oposite. Hates text plain messages.
Loves HTML
which is why she does not care for the BAT. Also it makes a product look
hoky when graphics com up as square [X]
instead of what it should have. I do agree Javascript should be a security
feature enabled or disabled by the user.
I completely disagree about the let the browser do the work. People like
convenience. i use Opera at times and find it
to open fast so this is less of an issue for me now,  but would not it be
nice to down arrow each message seeing a preview displayed without the [X}
graphics and render the actual page with or without script or applet/active
X or flash enable??

Take a look at HotMetal which embeds explorer code. I think something like
that can be done and give you the control while using a dll interface from
the browser vendor to more quickly render the web page clearly and securely.
Again these features should be configurable

I think News groups are an important part of an Email client as well. TB
needs to match the Eudora capbilities while leaving out the security flaws
and inefficiencies, but provide the capability to display messages and edit
messages in HTML.

Again I think a simple switch when installing should nicely take care of the
Mr. Text onlys who hate HTML email. News groups are important and so is the
ability to edit HTML and receive and display it.