Hello Victor B. Gonzalez,

On or about Saturday, January 18, 2003 at 07:37:09GMT -0500
(which was 7:37 AM in the tropics where I live) Victor B.
Gonzalez blithered:

VBG>   Most people expect HTML and to compose in RTF and a lot of
VBG>   people would really enjoy a news reader...

And most of those same people are the lawful prey of the virus
and web-bug authors. I choose not to be!

VBG>   I say the old saying goes well... Carry a gun and not
VBG>   need it, than need it and not have it... I currently
VBG>   support 100% the idea of more enabled HTML, RTF, and news
VBG>   reading capabilities and word is its coming whether you
VBG>   like it or not...

I carry a gun, and have only needed it three times in 30 years,
and used it (ie fired it) only once, in self defense.  Total
times I have exposed it for its intended purpose - under three
minutes in 30 years.  It is, therefore OPTIONAL.  Again, I choose
NOT to be a 'helpless victim.'

VBG>   My question is once its here will you stop upgrading?

In a word, if these unnecessary 'features' are not made optional
- YES!  And I'm not alone in this.

--
Warmest tropical wishes,
Spike

A Kennedy's most common sexual position: Defendant.

/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign - Against HTML Mail
\ /   If it aint a webpage it shouldn't be HTML.
 X    Say NO! to bloatmail - ban HTML mail!
/ \   Ask Spikey, he hates everything (HTML).
Flying in the stratosphere with The Bat! V1.61 on
Windows 2000 Vers. 5 0 Build 2195 Service Pack 3