Hello Barry2,

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003 17:02:17 +0000 GMT (19/01/03, 00:02 +0700 GMT),
Barry2 wrote:

> I think I've said this before but if it wasn't for the security holes
> in HTML then this argument would never be raised - we'd all be using
> HTML by choice

No. ;-)

> ( and in reply to Allie we'd also be better at it and not into
> choosing such garish colour schemes < lol > ) because that's all we
> would know.

That depends on how long you have been on the internet, and whether
you have used only Windows mailers. I was surprised when my business
contacts suddenly started use HTML when they really wanted to send
email. They didn't "enhance" anything (colours, fonts), they just
didn't know what they were sending, and I read the whole thing in
early pine versions with all the HTML tages! ;-)

> IMHO - HTML mail has it's place ....

Yes. In newsletters. But IMHO not in information exchanges or in
discussions.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

My wife and I were happy for twenty years ....then we met.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.63 Beta/3
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM