Hello Geoff,

Saturday, January 18, 2003, 6:50:49 AM, you wrote:
GL> On 18 January 2003, 10:12, Robert Silver wrote:

>> Also it makes a product look hoky when graphics com up as square [X]
GL> ~~~

GL> Strange enough, those [X]'s give me a warm, fuzzy feeling because I
GL> know that another spammer cannot use that potential web bug to verify
GL> my e-mail address and I know that some inconsiderate <explicative>
GL> hasn't succeeded in causing me additional costs by getting my router
GL> to re-dial to collect their off-page (usually) garbage.

  The Xs give me a fuzzy feeling too but doesn't necessarily
  mean X out everything... I should be able to allow viewing
  HTML in its entirety or be able to choose who can send me
  HTML formatted mail at least...

  To me everyone, their mother and pet gold fish can argue
  all they want but I would love to see more HTML support in
  the near future. A built in RTF editor so I can at least bold
  some headings and make italic others I feel need to be
  emphasized.

  Everyone might argue that e-mail is supposed to do this
  and not do that is like saying a car with no heater in the
  dead of winter on a 24hr trip is not really necessary
  because the cars only purpose is to get you from a to z
  (and it is!).

  But you would probably drop dead of the freeze *if* such a
  convenience didn't exist... I don't hear much argument
  about that...

  Another thing is why when someone says wheres the news
  reader the bat isn't or shouldn't be a news reader? I
  suare from the bottom of my heart I hate with a passion
  dictatorship... If the people want it and theres enough
  motion why argue? I would love to see news group support
  with the bat... It can completely remove Mozilla from my
  system if it did it could probably completely remove
  outlook from others...

  I bet my life if an RTF editor was introduced to The Bat!
  you might say I'll never use it (yeah, right) but you
  will. You have too... plain text is robotic and you'll use
  the bold and italic command sooner or later... Its almost
  guaranteed...

  I can almost bet my life if a news group reader was
  introduced you would use it too. Come'on think about that
  one, argue if you wish too... You're going to turn off the
  heat on purpose because you know its a convenience and
  that its not really necessary?

  I love The Bat! and theres no argument about its current
  status and my point to this whole thread and *every*
  community member is if you see something *you don't* like,
  no matter how much you don't like it leave it be...

  Polls and surveys work with disagreement but you're trying
  to persuade an inevitable argument...

  I can almost bet my life that if HTML, RTF and a news group
  reader was introduced this bat list would be flooded with
  new members and the RitLabs team would have more money to
  develop The Bat! further and faster than before which
  should be a good thing right?

  Most people expect HTML and to compose in RTF and a lot of
  people would really enjoy a news reader...

  I say the old saying goes well... Carry a gun and not
  need it, than need it and not have it... I currently
  support 100% the idea of more enabled HTML, RTF, and news
  reading capabilities and word is its coming whether you
  like it or not...

  My question is once its here will you stop upgrading?

 Victor B. Gonzalez
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! v1.62 Christmas Edition
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1