On Saturday, January 18, 2003, 6:19 AM, you wrote:

MAU> Hello Anne,

>> If it was standalone one then I'd have no problems with it.  I
>> wouldn't want to see a newsreader/mail client combo though.

MAU> Why are some of you somewhat "afraid" of a newsreader/mail client
MAU> combo? It could be (should be) quite transparent to you if you just
MAU> want to use it for e-mail.

I'm not afraid of anything, I just like my applications to be fast and
versatile. TB is, but if it starts adding TOO much... back to the
BLOATware of OE.

MAU> As I envision it, the difference would
sure glad we each have our own opinion <>G

MAU> (could) be that when you want to create a new account you are given
MAU> the option to create a mail or a news account. If you create a mail one
MAU> you have to configure the POP and SMTP servers, etc., and if a news
MAU> one the news server. What a big deal! Just like now when creating a
MAU> news folder we have the option to create a normal folder in the
MAU> selected account or a global folder.

Outlook does this and I never liked the newsreader part of outlook,
never used it. Besides the fact that Outlook actually called Outlook
EXPRESS ( another app) to do newsreading, it was not a good newsreader!
Agent was much better for text groups, and Newsrover and NewsbinPro are
better for binary groups. I don't want to combine all that into one app.
I don't normally DO email and newsgroups at the same time, so why should
I ask for a client that does it all?
        I understand that it would be nice to do newsreading & email all
at once, no problem, make it happen! Like you said, if I don't add the
news server account, then I just don't use that feature, but others can,
I LOVE IT!

--
 Paul
Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/4 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600