It seems that Terry said ...

T> solution. My client chose not to do business with them. My client was
T> adamant about the way business should be conducted and in his mind, it
T> didn't include C/R. Quote from him - "They just told me I wasn't
T> important."

I have used a C/R system in the past, but had the option to turn off
the challenge. I created large whitelists and blacklists for the
service and let it place some messages in a "suspense file" where I
could look at them.

C/R systems are OK if used reasonably -- and even the challenge
doesn't do much to raise my hackles if it's something used by a
private individual. I have been adamant about telling companies that I
advise NOT to use such a system. It sends an extremely negative
message to potential customers.

I've also tried a lot of PC-based systems. Thanks to comments made
here, I took a look at SpamPal (which is no pal of spam) and have
installed it for a test run. At first glance, it looks like what I
would describe as an ideal solution because it's quick, seems to be
reliable, and works flawlessly with The Bat.

--
Bill Blinn Technology Editor ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) - 9/4/2003 at 10:34 AM
Technology Editor, Newsradio 610 WTVN, Columbus, Ohio