Robin Anson wrote:

RA> When I first start up TB! 2.12 it takes roughly 80 secs from
RA> opening the TB! window until numbers start to appear next to
RA> folders indicating numbers of messages.

<snip>

RA> Has anyone else experienced either of these problems?

Do you have many virtual folders?  I don't recall the exact symptoms,
but I had startup delays in The Bat! related to VFs.  I had one VF
filter set to look for text anywhere in the message which was really
slow at startup.  I've changed that one and made sure the "Store state
between sessions" is checked for each VF without a time related
selection filter.  Seems to have helped.

--
George

Using The Bat! 2.12.00 on Windows XP Pro 5.1, Build 2600, Service Pack 1.