On Fri 16 July 2004, 22:17:30 +1000, Roelof Otten wrote:
> Additional plug-ins might cause the system slowing down, especially
> the BayesIt twit, but I really think it's the virtual folder thingy.

I don't run any of those plugins, although I do have a virtual folder.
However, I have exactly the same set up as I did with v2.11.02 and the
difference in the time until the message counters start to update is
major. I don't recall having noticed any lag in 2.11.02 before the count
started, but in 2.12 it is >80 secs on the initial start up (after the
computer is booted up) and 30-40 secs on subsequent start up.

--
Robin Anson

Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1

Running [EMAIL PROTECTED] (see: www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu)
   No of SETI units returned: 300