On Friday, July 16, 2004, 8:17 AM, you wrote:

RO> A faster computer helps, just as less messages helps. But on a six
RO> year old computer (okay, so I upgraded the memory a bit) I was done
RO> counting the messages in 17 seconds, now you tell me that waiting for
RO> 30 seconds before starting to count depends upon a new computer.

every setup is different, very hard to compare, true. faster processor
and more memory will always help. I'm not saying to wait for anything,
just trying to compare apples to apples:)

RO> Additional plug-ins might cause the system slowing down, especially
RO> the BayesIt twit, but I really think it's the virtual folder thingy.

plugins and filters will always slow down the process. Virtual folders
are a filter, so they will slow it down, just as my K9 does, to filter
in the SPAM messages.
My setup with K9 goes- start TB, TB connection center gets all messages,
then sits and waits while K9 finishes filtering, THEN TB comes up ready.
Would it work faster if K9 was not in the mix? dunno, because then I'd
have more filters for SPAM..

--
 Paul
Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600