Hallo Paul,

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 07:21:41 -0400GMT (16-7-2004, 13:21 +0200, where I
live), you wrote:

RO>> I suppose the virtual folders might be the problem.
PC> I suppose a turbo-charged processor and 10 times the normal amount
PC> of memory "MIGHT" have a teensy weensy bit to do with it??

A bit, maybe, but Robin mentioned 30-40 seconds before the numbering
started. I mentioned a time when the numbering was done.

So this time I grabbed a stopwatch

P2 266MHz 192MB
W98
TB 2.12
2 accounts, together 61000+ msgs
AVG plug-in
Mail server on the same computer
first run after boot (incl splash screen)
ready with counting after 16 seconds

P4 3GHz 2GB
Win XP pro latest updates
TB 2.12
1 account, 28000+ msgs
AVG plug-in
Mail server on the LAN
first run after boot (incl splash screen)
ready with counting in 4 seconds

A faster computer helps, just as less messages helps. But on a six
year old computer (okay, so I upgraded the memory a bit) I was done
counting the messages in 17 seconds, now you tell me that waiting for
30 seconds before starting to count depends upon a new computer.

Additional plug-ins might cause the system slowing down, especially
the BayesIt twit, but I really think it's the virtual folder thingy.

--
Groetjes, Roelof

Disclaimer: Any opinion stated in this message is not necessarily shared by my budgies
or rabbits.