Hello Robin,

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 09:52:13 +1000 GMT (16/07/2004, 06:52 +0700 GMT),
Robin Anson wrote:

RA> When I first start up TB! 2.12 it takes roughly 80 secs

You have already received many replies. I don't have a problem with TB
starting anywhere near annoying slow when I fire it up, though.

RA> Furthermore, the contents of the folder that is initially highlighted
RA> will often not appear for some considerable time.

That problem I have had for several versions whenever I open a folder
with many (several thousand, not tens of thousands) messages. I have
deleted the bit file, I have copied the messages to another folder and
deleted the tbb, only to copy the messageas back - no improvement.

RA> Sometimes the contents appear once number of messages in the
RA> folder has been counted, but at other times the message list
RA> window remains blank long after that occurs. I can still select
RA> other folders and see their contents when this occurs.

I cannot. TB hangs for 10 seconds (to give an example).

See my sig for system info.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

In meiner psychologischen Konstitution manifestiert sich eine absolute
Dominanz positiver Effekte fur eine existente Individuaelitat Deiner
Person. (Ich liebe Dich!)

under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using a Pentium P4 1.7 GHz, 256MB RAM