On Tue 20 July 2004, 5:15:28 +1000, 9val wrote:
RA>> Has anyone else experienced either of these problems?
> It  can be caused by VFs with complex filters or/and operating on huge
> folders.  Try to check 'Store state between sessions' in VF properties
> it should help.

I have one VF that checks for flagged messages in a single account. That
account has 4,300 messages, and the largest folder has 680 messages.

I have 'Store state between sessions' selected, and I think that has made
a difference. I don't seem to have a delay of more than 40 secs in the
updating of the message counters.

This delay is not actually before the counters update, it occurs after
a small number (usually one to three) of the message counters show a
value. After the delay the counters update sequentially through the
accounts at a rapid pace.

I also continue to experience message lists that are blank when the
folder is selected.It only occurs within a short period of time after TB!
has been started (say the first 5 mins) but it has happened that a folder
will display the contents initially, but when I move away from it and
back again, the message list becomes blank.

This is not a case of viewing a subset of messages - I have tried going
to the View menu and selecting different options under Display to try to
refresh the display, but that has no effect. The only solution I have
found is simply waiting until the messages appear in the list again. This
may take anywhere from 10 secs to a couple of minutes.

I have tried compressing and purging all my folders, but that has not
resolved the problem.

--
Robin Anson

Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1

Running [EMAIL PROTECTED] (see: www.setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu)
   No of SETI units returned: 301