Hello DZ-Jay,

Saturday, August 14, 2004, 5:31:59 PM, you wrote:

DJ> Some time around 08/14/2004 15:47:24, I think I heard MikeD say:
>> The settings I used to use don't seem to work any more and I either
>> get everything filtered as junk or nothing is filtered as junk.  I
>> trained it with about 2000 spam and 2000 ham messages and still no
>> joy.  I have tried low "threshold" numbers and high with out much
>> difference.

DJ> That's pretty much what I get:  messages are either
DJ> COMPLETELY spam (99 or 100 % probability) or COMPLETELY not-spam
DJ> (0% probability).  Although mine seems to catch most (~97%) of
DJ> spam, out of a few hundred emails daily, so its not that bad.  And
DJ> that's with the default settings.  I'm trying to tune it to get it
DJ> a bit higher in accuracy, if possible, but can't seem to get much
DJ> help on this subject :(

What settings are you using?  Under the old version (0.4gm) I had it
trained and was getting most spam caught, no false positives with a
"Move message" setting of 10.  Now I have gone down as low as 1 and as
high as 99 without success.

BTW, I am using the 0.5.5 verision that came with 2.12.  Should I be
using the newer version that I saw mentioned?

 MikeD                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Using The Bat! v2.12.00 on Windows ME 4.90 Build  3000