Saq Imtiaz wrote:

> The effort and resources required to implement a good discussion system
> are *quite substantial, *and personally I think better spent on various
> other needs in the community.

Yeah, no doubt it would be a substantial effort. But on the other hand
there's no particular rush AND I think it would bring a lot of enhancement
to TW itself. A most glaring lack in TW is probably "multi user
capabilities" and tools for collaboration. I'm sure we lose a lot of people
because of this, particularly "business" use cases. "Multi use" is of
course only one aspect for a discussion system but I also think there is a
lot that is already solved or at least half-solved with TW just with what
we already have.

Lastly, the user split is already a reality.

Yeah... and that is why I spontaneously dislike these new "let's change
forums" initiatives. I think they are more destructive than constructive.
For one, IF a move is to be done it needs the endorsement of Big J. Where
he goes, the crowd has to go. So just "registering a new TW group"
somewhere... poor idea.

IMO eating our own dog food would bring things closer together. It would be
the flagship real life use case for a product that current doesn't really
have any real official use case demo other than the "TW website". Why
should a company, or even just someone with high demands, *trust *that TW
can *perform IRL*?

But I know; talk is cheap, especially from someone who doesn't really know
what it takes.

<:-)