Oof, I have had *minor* annoyances with Google Groups posting, but sounds
like nothing near what you guys (Soren / Saq) have been having. That does
make things more urgent in my opinion.

*Plugins*
As we contemplate migrating the community to another platform, aside from
making it nicer / more stable to post, and making it easier to find posts,
I'd personally be most interested in the potential for using the same
platform for "plugins". I bring this up, because this could/would compete
with the current links.tiddlywiki.com effort. Don't get me wrong, I love
the concept, but I think it could be improved on, and I think those
improvements would be easy/built-in on another forum platform. Most notably
to make it easy for *all* users to upvote to get some ranking going. I
think this is helpful for the new-user experience. When I start with other
software that has user-plugin capabilities (image editing software
paint.net - forums.getpaint.net for instance) I'll usually go to the
plugins and expect to see the most common popular ones up top and look at
those first. The thing about *user-generated* plugins is that you *don't
know* if those plugins work now, or if they'll continue to work. But, as a
shortcut if you know they're very widely used, and greatly liked you can
feel a little more confident that someone is either maintaining it, or
would take it over if it became abandoned. I realize that there is a way
for people to contribute (reading the "How To Contribute" page now), but
given that it requires doing a "Github pull request" which even *I* don't
understand, let's just agree it could be a bit easier for new users without
developer backgrounds.

*Maintenance*
On a related note, there's discussion here about some level of maintenance
of the information - Jeremy has brought it up a couple of times in this
thread. Obviously one way to get that is to have a good ranking / voting
system like I mention above. I'm also curious if anyone here has any
knowledge of "free internships"? At my company we have an intern program
that's obviously not free, but I feel like I've heard of some voluntary
open-source software companies having / working with people who are willing
to work on a free internship - basically just for resume building. Maybe
that's something that somebody here knows could be an option?