Although I preferred the previous incarnation of Google Groups, I'm liking
the simplicity of this incarnation.  I like anything that has a feel of
minimalism, even if it has some warts.

For complex searching of the group, I'm quite happy going to advanced
Google Search, for example:
https://www.google.com/advanced_search?q=site:groups.google.com/g/tiddlywiki+filter+macro&hl=en&as_qdr=all

And every time a question of any kind happens again, I find it puts the
question in a new light, so repetition is good because of the potential for
updated insights/features.

The questions are just as valuable as (maybe more so than)  the answers.

To me, Google Groups combined with Advanced Google Search (when needed),
strikes a pretty good balance.