Mario,Josiah

¶
I would not bother with the use of pilcrow unless it was part of an end of
line form of glyph only. Its key use would be to place a pilcrow in a large
slab of text to force a pagarapgh break. if other glyphs depended on \n\n,
it would be best to resolve these first if possible. There is a implied *new
paragraph* that follows the ¶ that is sufficient in my view (as for this
paragraph). If one was to have a start and end the appropriate method is a
revers-pilcrow and pilcrow pair.

End of line only mark up, with selectable glyphs, Would allow someone like
> me to define a glyph  "¶" as "<br>br>" so insertion of ¶<space> would
> render as a new paragraph "break". This provide the complement to beginning
> of line and inline mark-up.

Arguably the ¶ could be given a definition that highlights the first word
of the next (generated paragraph).

Josiah, I don't mind decent, however I disagree with the lack of visibility
with "the" parenthesis, and value how the look. First with Custom wiki text
present they disappear in the output. Secondly we can use the slightly
different examples given. My point here is if something is not good enough
⸨rather
than exclude it⸩ find if there is a way to 〖 address 〗 it, such as ⁽ Here ⁾
or ₍ there ₎ remember as a rule already text contains ' " ` and other
characters even less readable. The fact that a reader may not be able to
tell the difference may actually be an advantage when no customisation is
occurring.

If we have two (or more) open and close braces there is an opportunity to
define one as non-operative in text that contains one of the other pairs.
The point being the only reason they will be in use is because the writer
chooses to.

I am actually keen to use such Unicode braces simply to delimit a piece of
text, I would write separate macros to extract those ﹤keywords and phrases﹥ so
delimited, independent of the current text even without the use of
customise. However if such pairs are available to "custom wikitext" further
automation or formatting can be done to automate this feature.

Tony