codacoder...@outlook.com wrote:

>   Wow - I mean just WOW! I just spent I-don't-know-how-long reading all
> this stuff - yes, ALL four threads

My own sense is that what PMario initiated is very significant in
potentiating/expanding WikiText to become a proper full-html/css
methodology that is lightweight and powerful. By loosing the (often largely
self-imposed) limits of Gruber (MarkDown inspired) styling we open up to
actually using the power of CSS/HTML to make end-user writing much, much
easier.

In particular, it will become much, much easier to quickly design efficient
markup systemS without needing to hack Javascript parsers. Ones which just
up-and-work.

That is why I'm keen on doing what I can.

My 2 cents
TT