I know it's not possible in many places, but in a perfect world all psych
undergrads would do a year-long, 6-hour-a-week Analysis and Design course.

To quote Winer (et al. -- the 3rd, 1991 posthumous edition with Brown &
Michels):

"Science is concerned with understanding variability in nature, statistics is
concerned with making decisions about nature in the presence of variability,
and experimental design is concerned with reducing and controlling variability
in ways which [sic] make statistical theory applicable to decisions made about
nature."

That quote has always made a big impact on how I teach design and analysis.
Even when I taught stand-alone stats classes, I always included method.  The
one makes so much more sense in the context of the other.

Marc Carter, PhD
Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Psychology
College of Arts & Sciences
Baker University
--

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by Baker University ("BU") and is intended to be confidential and for

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=1953
or send a blank email to
leave-1953-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu