When I was in college, that's how they did it: methods first, then stats.

That's when I learned that you never collect data unless you know how you're
going to analyze it.  It was the most frustrating experience of my undergrad
career.  (Okay, maybe not, but it was close.)  Having to generate an experiment
and not know anything about analysis?

If you have to separate them, doing stats first makes much more sense.  The
statistical concepts map nicely onto design concepts; the reverse seems more
difficult (to me -- and to Jim Clark!).

Marc Carter, PhD
Associate Professor and Chair
Department of Psychology
College of Arts & Sciences
Baker University
--

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments thereto ("e-mail")
is sent by Baker University ("BU") and is intended to be confidential and for
the use of only the individual or entity named above. The information may be
protected by federal and state privacy and disclosures acts or other legal
rules. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are
notified that retention, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please
immediately notify Baker University by email reply and immediately and
permanently delete this e-mail message and any attachments thereto. Thank you.

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=1955
or send a blank email to
leave-1955-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu