Jim Clark: "I've never understood the methods first rationale, and
argued strongly about 20 years ago for stats first, which we have had
since"

Yes...I'm not sure how to go about it. It would seem that, ideally,
they would be taught together as I think Marc Carter was arguing.

Maybe I can completely redesign the separate courses to be something
like "Analysis and Design" I and II, and teach methods and stats
together as they co-occur.

For now I'm stuck with Methods then Stats.

If stats and methods are so intimately tied, one wonders why they were
separated into individual courses in the first place....perhaps,
methods was supposed to be the non-computational aspect, and stats
where one does the number crunching (maybe made more sense back in the
days of the slide rule?).

It's going to be difficult to not have a lecture-only approach. How
can I get some interaction and experiential understanding of the
methods without doing any stats?

Is the Cozby text Paul C. Cozby's "Methods in Behavioral Research"?

--Mike

http://fsulist.frostburg.edu/u?id=13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df5d5&n=T&l=tips&o=1957
or send a blank email to
leave-1957-13090.68da6e6e5325aa33287ff385b70df...@fsulist.frostburg.edu