Hello friends,

I have two Series 2 TiVos with so-called lifetime service and have 
enjoyed excellent service for several years.

However ...

Comcast (in my area, San Jose) is upgrading service from analog to 
digital for channels 35 and above, and I will not be able to see 
anything on those channels without getting one or more (free) boxes 
from them before next Friday.

I do *not* want a set-top "cable box" that requires me to change 
channels with a Comcast remote control device.

However, they assured me by phone that their Digital Transport Adapter 
(DTA) would allow all the cable channels to go through to the TiVo, so 
I reluctantly ordered the (free) equipment.

Today I plugged and screwed everything in, and guess what?  The DTA 
does *not* pass everything through to the TiVo.  It is necessary to 
change the channels by using the Comcast remote on the Comcast DTA box.

It appears to me that I will have to find the box that my TiVo came 
in, then find the infrared sending wire with the PURPLE plug on one 
end, then stick the infrared senders to the front of the DTA box in
order for the TiVo to tell the DTA box when to change channels.
Am I correct?  If so, I don't like it, but it sounds like I have no 
other choice.

By the way, does anybody have an infrared (IR) cable with PURPLE plug 
that they will never use?  My second TiVo box came without one, so I 
will gladly send a few dollars if someone would like to part with 
theirs.


Dave S.

--

dave6592 [at] accesscom [dot] com - http://www.accesscom.com/~dave6592
Dave Schultheis, San José, Silicon Valley, Santa Clara County, CA, USA

Reply via email to