MegaZone responded to dbraun126:
> OK, here's what you need to do. You connect the DTA to the TiVo just
> like a cable box - AV from the DTA into the TiVo, IR blasters from the
> TiVo to the DTA. Configure the TiVo for digital cable and go through
> the cable box config - a DTA basically is a simple cable box.
Here is the heart of the topic: "IR blasters from the TiVo to the
DTA." I would like to expand on it.
I had no idea that the following page existed until one of the members
of this group sent me this link:
http://support.tivo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1277/kw/comcast
You will need to go to the (cardboard) box that the (TiVo) box came
in, find the little plastic bag with two infrared blasters (you will
note that the PLUG end is PURPLE).
Plug that into the "IR" jack on the back of the TiVo and get ready to
position one of the little glass dealy-bobbers on the other end so
that it points directly at the little window on the front of the
Digital Transport Adapter. *THAT* is the tricky part, but if/when you
get it just right, the channel will change correctly.
My experience was that it was a pain in the neck (or lower), but with
help from people on this list, I got it working, and I trust it about
95 percent. (I still record some programs on two machines, just in
case one of them does not record on the correct channel.)
You may have to try it over and over and over. But keep at it until
the DTA changes to the channel you want at the right time.
> Another member here recently went through this, check the archives for
> that thread for what he had to do to make it work well. It was just a
> couple of weeks back.
That is essentially correct, and I'm almost over the pain. <snerk>
But I still don't like the fact that we have to use, in effect, tin
cans and string for two devices to communicate.
Dave S.
--
dave6592 [at] accesscom [dot] com - http://www.accesscom.com/~dave6592
Dave Schultheis, San José, Silicon Valley, Santa Clara County, CA, USA