Setting is turned to on, has been for years.  Since my tivo has a 1TB drive, it 
holds about a month or two worth of suggestions, at least that's how old the 
oldest is at the moment, two months.  


Deleting and watching a few seems to have kicked it back into service, though 
it's not recording as much as it used to.  What surprised me is that initially 
it would record something rather quickly, the Recently Deleted folder was 
usually only a couple of shows, never more than a day old.  Currently, the 
Recently Deleted has 2-3 weeks worth of stuff in it, usually about 100 shows 
(many are short VOD).  


Anyway, it's mostly a curiosity at this point, Charter STILL hasn't called me 
back, and I'm going to get more insistant about a solution, or at least 
exploring the problem a bit more.  I sure wish I had real leverage with them, 
given the TivoHD's limitations, I'm pretty much stuck with cable if I want to 
keep using it.
 Glen 



----- Original Message ----
> From: Jay Abraham <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Sent: Mon, July 12, 2010 1:32:40 PM
> Subject: Re: [TiVo Central] Re: New problems...
> 
> Glen,
> 
> We never (almost but maybe 1 or 2 a year) watch the suggestions nor  
> do we have suggestions turned off.  However, the suggestions are  
> always taping something new.  It usually holds about 4 days of  
> programming before it deletes the old programming and records over it.
> 
> If TIVO suggestions aren't recording I think it must be some setting  
> rather than the fact you are not watching.
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Jay
> On Jul 6, 2010, at 8:32 PM, Glen Farney wrote:
> 
> > All good ideas, but setting up manual recordings would be tedious.  
> > For some
> > reason the tivo suggestions stopped recording a couple weeks ago,  
> > maybe
> > because I haven't watched any in a while. I watched a few and  
> > deleted about
> > half of them, hoping maybe it will kick start it into recording  
> > more. It
> > would only have to record something now and then to fix this  
> > problem, or at
> > least mask it
> 
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------
> 
> Yahoo! Groups Links
> 
> 
> 
> 

Reply via email to