On Thursday, September 01, 2016 02:05:25 am Judson Wilson wrote:
> > I like TLS/2 aesthetically, and represents a similar level of
> > progress/reset that HTTP saw when it jumped from 1.1 to /2.
>
> What is the slash in the name all about? Is it simply playing off the HTTP
> start line specification? Does it have any relevance to TLS?

Did this slash form start with HTTP/2, or was there some other progenitor? Why
did they go with that, anyway? I just find it to be a weird choice. If we
actually have a consensus that it'd be better to go with TLS/2 than TLS 2.0,
officially, I'd only be ok with it if someone can actually explain why. :|

Dave