It's normal that people confuse SSLv3 with TLS. SSL 3.0 was a released and
widely deployed protocol, and the term "SSL" is still widely used today to
refer to TLS. But the situation is much better if we rename TLS 1.3: TLS 1.3
spec has not been released, it is not supported by any non-testing clients or
servers, and there are not many documents, papers or blogs mentioning TLS 1.3.
This is why I said "TLS 1.3" is similar to "Windows 9" in terms of naming.

> if the WG really wants a TLSvX.0 name, the X really should be bigger than 3

Well, I prefer TLS 2.0, because it sounds more natural that major version 2
comes after major version 1. But TLS {>3}.0 is also fine to me, if the WG
thinks people may get confused between SSL 2.0 and TLS 2.0.

Xiaoyin