Jude,
  I have been sick of wearing a Depend every since I came home.  They are often
soaked ever before I cath and I cath every 4 hours.  My husband took me to the
urologist in Little Rock (1 hour away), but before that appt. I had an
internist appt. in L.R.  It had been right at 4 hours and I was wearing a
Depend.  They call my name and we wheel into the exam room and before the dr.
even came in the room I was urinating on the tile floor.  My husband grabbed
paper towels and a large beaker to measure your urine in to cath just to get
the rest of what came out.  I was so upset.  Thankfully I was at a dr. who
understood.  He is an excellent urologist and two people I know who are picky
w/ drs. use him.  I told him I could cath and as soon as I get up to get into
the chair I am wet again.  He said that is because of the TM.  It hits both
sides of the spine and it will only get worse for you Natalie.  And he is not
one to push surgeries.  He said go home and you all give it some
 thought.  I said, "I've thought enough - I want it done."  He has scheduled
one more office appt. w/ me to go over the surgery in every detail and then the
surgery will be scheduled.  I hate staying wet.  I hate getting out of our
leather seats in our car and there is urine sitting on top of it.  I hate the
constant odor & I hate my husband having to constantly wipe my "a.." because it
is covered w/ urine.  I sleep on 2 cotton pads at night plus wearing a Depend
and I cath during the night even.  I don't want to go to a foley for several
reasons, so this is my answer I believe.  Even tho I don't want anymore
surgeries or in the hospital, I want a better quality of life than this.
(Sorry for the novel)  Natalie M.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  Natalie,

  I am so proud of you for having the surgery.  What prompted you to make the
decision?  I have thought about having it done for the longest time, but don't
know anyone who has had it done.

  I will be anxious to hear how you like it and how much work it is.  Plus I'd
like to know which company you are going with and did you get information
online or just from the doctor.

  I am sorry that you have been in such pain.  I wondered why I hadn't heard
from you in such a long time.  I miss you terribly.

  I rely on Fentanyl patches every three days, and since other people don't
understand my pain, I don't care what they think.  I do what I have to do to
get through life each day.

  You take care of you...
  Jude

  "Our present troubles are quite small and won't last very long. Yet they
produce for us an immeasurably great Glory that will last forever"
  2 Corinthians 4:17
NLT

  See what's free at AOL.com.

Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.