At one time, I used to eat the Metamucil crackers.  I didn't think I could
stand the liquid.

Bobberino
  From: Westgold    To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ; tmic-list@eskimo.com
  Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 7:56 PM    Subject: [TMIC] Metamucil

  Hi everybody --I'd like to put in a good word for good-ole Metamucil, it's a
miracle product. Many people do not realize it, but *whatever* your bowel
problems are, it will help you.  If your movements are too soft, it will firm
them up.  If they're too hard and you have constipation, it will soften them.
It's such a great product!! You might have to take it 2-3 times a day, but it's
pretty cheap.  Be sure you get the Smooth texture one, the regular is horrible
-- and be sure that the water you mix it in is fridge-cold, otherwise it will
just gum up before you can drink it. Mix & drink immediately. The only problem
with taking Metamucil is that you can't take it within a couple hours of any
medication or supplements.  Anything that's in your stomach when you take it
can get caught up in it and get swept out of the body.  So you have to arrange
your schedule so you take it either an hour before or a couple hours after any
medications. (And if you need to lose weight, take it right after you eat, it
will sweep many calories out with it.)

  take care -- Michelle
    From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    To: tmic-list@eskimo.com   Sent: Friday, June
01, 2007 8:27 PM
    Subject: Re: [TMIC] Renal problems

    Dear Franque et al,

    For four years I had diarrhea every time I ate a meal; the doctor said I
had Crohn's
    disease, but I was in denial of having that and ignored him.  Then I
changed meds--from a high dosage of neurontin to lyrica and cymbalta.  Now I
have chronic constipation and I think the meds are to blame. I haven't been
back to that doctor and don't plan to.

    Priscilla in TN