I don't write very often, and I normally wouldn't talk to people about
something
so personal, but I don't know who else to ask.  I have been having problems
with
constipation for a long time -- and it is only getting worse.  As of right now
have been unable to go to the bathroom for five days.  I have been taking
Senokot and Miralax, plus I have been prescribed Lactulose by  my neurologist.
I take magnesium citrate pretty often, but it really makes me miserable when I
take it.  My legs get really tight and shake uncontrollably from being
dehydrated.  My stomach actually hurts today and I'm normally don't feel pain
there.  I have been to doctors and they were no help.  It seems like they just
take my money and run because they don't have the answer.  When I went to the
gynecologist she actually asked me why I thought I needed to have a Pap smear
even though I told her I hadn't had one in over two years.  She just didn't
want
to deal with me because I cannot stand up.  I get this from a lot of doctors --
it seems like nobody wants to deal with me.  I couldn't even find a regular
family doctor-- a receptionist at one of the doctors offices I called actually
told me that she didn't think the doctors there would be able to handle my
case.  She said that if I was a regular person that was just dealing with colds
and other "normal" illnesses, that would be fine, but she didn't think they
would know what to do to help me.  Does anyone have any suggestions on what I
could take to help me with this situation?  I am getting very desperate for
some
relief!
Thank you,
Amanda Diskey