I had impaction-like troubles within months of TM showing up. Doc said to take Miralax - start at 17 gms a day and go up or down as it works for me. Works perfect for years now. She said the tm affected something called my "mu factor" in the GI tract which causes a generalized slowdown of the peristalsis. Taking or eating too much fiber can cause fatal or near-lethal bowel blockage or torsion because it sits too long in the GI tract, dries out and surgery is the only option then. I don't get cramping or loss of control with the miralax beyond what I ever had with senocot or even MOM

----- Original Message ----- From: "Akua" <a...@artfarm.com>
To: "Amanda Diskey" <adis...@yahoo.com>; <tmic-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 12:42 PM
Subject: Re: [TMIC] personal problem

First-- I am so sorry to read of your discomfort and the infuriatingly bad treatment.
This is fixable and the doctors should be working on it.
That you are in pain from it is untenable.

Bowel movement problems could be evidence of something else, as well as
being a symptom of  TM.

You must see a physician about this, before it becomes something more than it is.

When you say you cannot stand-- are you in wheelchair?
If so, do you use digital stimulation?

If this impaction is what is making you unable to stand -- please call an emergency room

This might be about mechanics and it could also be about chemistry.

You should get someone to assess your diet: do you have any allergies, are you lactose intolerant? Is you liquid intake sufficient? Do you drink at least a quart of water a day?
Are you getting sufficient fiber, veggies,  fruit?

But bottom line-- see someone today!

Best of luck, keep us posted,
Akua