I have idiopathic TM.  No known cause except that I did have singles ober
20 yrs ago, and I also had chicken pox as a child.TM came over a 2 day
period - on saturday I noticed my balance wasn't right, and later in the
day I felt I had an UTI and went to urgent care and was given drugs.  The
next morning during my shower I noticed I had trouble lifting my right leg
over the tub.  After the shower while trying to put on my underwear, I wet
my pants twice.  Then all of a sudden my legs went out and down on the
floor I went.  I was rushed to the ER, and after about 8 hrs and a spinal
tap and MRI was diagnosed with TM.  Spent 4 weeks in rehab and finally was
able to walk with a walker, then a cane.  I still have bladder/bowel
problems like most of us.  The only drugs I am on are oxyticbutin for my
bladder and a low dose of a sulfer drug 50 mg at night.  I don't have the
severe pain like so many of us; just burning/freezing and bee stings in my
feet.  It will be 5 yrs for me in June.  I hope this is what you need.